St Haralampos, Ilissia | Athens

In 1909, at the initiative of Queen Sofia, reforestations were organized to “afforest Attica”. Among the planted areas was what is now called the Syggrou Park in Ilisia
which covers a surface of 15 hectares in the heart of Athens . In 1929, the Forestry Office of the Ministry of Agriculture was established within the small woodland. For a long time the site had been occupied by military huts. In 1948, the new building of the Institute of Forests was constructed and expanded in 1972.

Συνεχίστε την ανάγνωση του “St Haralampos, Ilissia | Athens”